Our S/FTP shielded CAT8.1 bulk Ethernet cable is ideal for indoor short runs up to 30 meters in length. Primary application is for high performance data centers. Composed of four individually shielded pairs of 23 gauge solid bare copper conductors, with an overall tinned copper braid shield. The CAT8.1 bulk Ethernet cable has an overall CMR Rated jacket and sequential footage markings on the jacket so you always know how much it left.
This CAT8 bulk cable is suitable for 25G networking but has the ability to reach up to 40G speeds. This cable has a conventional 4 pair, 8 conductor wiring configuration. These twisted pairs are individually shielded in order to repel electromagnetic interference (EMI) in electrically noisy environments. They also keep Alien Cross Talk down to prevent from slowing down transmission speeds. Shielding is a vital part of how fast the signal seed is in CAT8 cables. That is why it is important to test the continuity of your shielding to ensure no loss is occurring. This Cat8.1 cable is sold on a wooden spool of 500 or 1000 feet.
What sets CAT8 version 1 apart from CAT8 version 2? First CAT8.1 is backwards compatible with the Class I standard RJ45 while CAT8.2 is designed to be compatible with Class II Fa standard connectors. While we still recommend our CAT8 Modular plug to be used with this cable it is compatible with legacy connectors. The structure is also different in the CAT8.1 compared to the 8.2. There is far more shielding and insulation in the 8.2 to reduce interference even further if meeting the max frequencies.
Our solid CAT8.1 cable has individually shielded pairs (S/FTP), and is quality manufactured to meet and or exceed product certifications which uphold to the new ANSI/TIA-568C-2.D standards.
- Category-8.1 Solid Cable
- Category 8.1 cabling is fully backward compatible with RJ45
- Shielded Twisted Pair (S/FTP) Cable
- Overall Tin-Copper Braiding
- CMR Riser Rated
- High-Performance Data Communications Cable
- Suitable For Up to 40G High Speed Data Center Applications
- Up to 30 Meter Distance Runs
- 4-Pair – Easily Identified Color-Striped Pairs
- 23 AWG Solid Bare Copper Conductors
- Excellent Attenuation and Crosstalk Characteristics
- Exceeds ANSI/TIA 568 B.2-1, ISO/IEC
- ISO/IEC 11801
- Supplied on a 500 ft. Wooden Spool
- 25/40GBASE-T Ethernet
- 10Gb/s Networking
- Rackcenter Topologies Supported:
- Top-of-Rack (ToR)
- End-of-Row (EoR)
- Middle-of-Row (MoR)
- Not Intended for Premise or Enterprise Networks